Sunday, August 02, 2015

Wander over Yonder - Sylvia as Gigantor

Well, I couldn't resist it. When I saw the trailer for the Season 2 animatic of WOY, I had to bash together a model of Sylvia as Gigantor:


But then, I had to slow down, and really start to detail her-


And of course, she came out svelte, too shapely, with million dollar legs.


My Sylvia is still too adorable, but that's how I see her.


I'm having trouble matching the animatic:

 
The real work will be rigging her hand so she can punch that evil robot!

Just polygon primitives in Maya with a healthy dash of Mental Ray. But the thought of Sylvia having real power, and really being indestructible just tickles me. Having Gigantor's raw power seems to go with her "Grrl" personality. I think she can be super, and still keep her appeal.

(original copyright Mitsuteru Yokoyama, and Disney)

No comments: