Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Will Weston 'a la Maya


I went ahead and did a layout for the assignment; "The world's most wonderful kite" in Maya. Will was a little freaked out that I used Maya, but what the hey. My next step was to flesh it out more in Photoshop, but ran out of time in July. It needed a tail, and some more texture and detail throughout. But I managed to create a good layout with a 60%/40% composition, and some decent shadows. And...
I like it!
Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da, Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da Batkiiiiite!
Badaboom!

2 comments:

ALKlein said...

Hi there,

I've been trying to get back in touch with Will Weston (he was my life drawing instructor at Klasky Csupo). Noticed you mentioned him here. You wouldn't happen to have his contact info, would you?

Thanks so much,

Alisa Loren Klein

Ken Roskos said...

Hi Alisa, Will is at
http://www.willwestonstudio.com/contact.html

He will also be teaching at the new Animation Guild building this Fall;
1150 North Hollywood Way, Burbank
818 845 7500

Hope this helps.

KR