Monday, November 05, 2012

Election 2012

Better late than never, I want to refer anyone who finds this blog to a quote from the film "1776".

"Don't forget that most men with nothing would rather protect the possibility of becoming rich than face the reality of being poor." I believe the quote continues as-"that is why they will follow us."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068156/quotes?qt=qt0443110

Whether John Dickinson actually said that is up for debate, but it makes sense why people vote the way they do.

Personally, I didn't hold out much hope for President Obama. When I saw how much campaign money he accepted from Wall Street, I thought the celebration was over, even before he was sworn in as President. Getting rid of Bush, and cleaning up the mess the GOP had left for the last 30 years would take time, and any non GOP replacement would seem to be an improvement. The wars, the influence of big money trampling civil rights, and the bank bailouts rolled on with just about the same momentum.

On the other hand, a Romney victory would lead us back to more of the same war, corruption and incompetence of the Bush presidency.

Biased? You bet. I'm tempted to join the angry, noisy minority that tries to rule this land.

But I don't have the energy to carry on like that, and I have to live with people the next day.

No comments: