Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Herman Bear on the planet Solstice

Here's some sketches from July in Canada...


Herman Bear lands on my new planet Solstice...


I didn't want him to be alone on the planet,
so I gave him a new companion.
(Cubcake is also there, but I'm not sure I'll keep her in the story.)

 
The bear has to make a new friend, literally! Herman assembles "Athena" from different organisms to build a composite creature. Sort of a cross between Larry Niven's Pierson's Puppeteers, and Sylvia the "Zbornak" from Disney's "Wander over Yonder".

http://larryniven.net/puppeteer/pupbod.shtml

(It's a long story)


When Herman first sees Athena, she is just some kind of seed pod that drags itself along the ground with some sort of beak. Herman has to put her together as an intelligence test designed by other aliens. Enjoy!




No comments: