Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cute Stuff - Part I

It's been a while since I've posted anything original on Animation Re-creation. After scribbling for years, I've got some work I'm proud of. But I'm still self conscious about showing it. Here's why:

Animation artists and cartoonists seem to be split into two camps: the majority seem to be easy going... well, to put it bluntly, nerds. But I've seen a smaller group, the more macho, athletic group who practice martial arts, mountain biking and other deadly weekend pursuits. They make me feel lame as I'm shoving that extra piece of pizza in my face.

So, it appears I fall in with the majority. It's hard to pose as a too-hot-to-handle "weekend warrior" when I'm drawing cutesy stuff like this:

This is my "Cubcake" character. She's a tough, but sweet amalgamation of girlfriends from my past. She's also a mixture of squirrel, bunny, kitty and a few other critters mixed in. I figure she can give Bugs Bunny a run for his money.

C'est la Vie.

No comments: